POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snowflake Considers Her Mortal Coil (Final) : Re: Snowflake Considers Her Mortal Coil (Final) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snowflake Considers Her Mortal Coil (Final)
From: Dan P
Date: 24 Feb 2004 10:08:19
Message: <403b68e3@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> The fur's definitely better, but I think it's too shiny which draws
attention to
> the fact that it's not real fur. So I suggest either use real fur that's
shiny
> like that (because fur does shine like that), or use less shine to hide
the fact
> that it's not real.

I'll try lowering the specular and see if that works better. It kinda looks
like a ceramic (sp?) cat now. This is gonna be one of those WIP's forever me
thinks :-)

> Also a few more blur samples might be good, but then you can never have
enough
> blur samples :)

Yeah, dems blur samples are sure cute :-) I noticed that too on the right. I
was going to fake it in Photoshop but I wanted to stay pure. I'll up the
blur samples too and give it another go.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!!!! I'm learning a lot on this group.