POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snowflake Considers Her Mortal Coil (Final) : Re: Snowflake Considers Her Mortal Coil (Final) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snowflake Considers Her Mortal Coil (Final)
From: Dan P
Date: 24 Feb 2004 10:05:48
Message: <403b684c@news.povray.org>
"Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote in message
> dan### [at] yahoocom news:403abde7@news.povray.org
>
> > I added some "fur" and fixed the textures (PoseRay defaulted to the
> > preview textures and I didn't realize it at first). I did some minor
> > tweaks in Photoshop to fix a few radiosity artefacts. I have a job
> > interview on Wednesday as a graphical artist and I want to make sure I
> > don't get any points knocked off.
>
> Yeah, realy nice - it has style - looks so cold and "quiet"
>
> How about trying using real fur?

Thanks! :-) I don't know how to create real fur on a patch yet outside of
using Poser itself. Do you have any suggestions for any software or
resources that might help me in that arena?

PS: I just looked at Gilles Trans's cloud macro last night and I was really
impressed! I'm thinking of using what I learned from his excellent page to
make a density simulator (for things like tornadoes, explosions, etc.)
Before I go off on yet another tangent saying I'm gonna do things I'll very
likely never get around to, is there already a program for this kind of
thing out there too?