POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particles in Space - Mpeg1 version - movie.mpg (0/4) : Re: Particles in Space - Mpeg1 version - movie.mpg (0/4) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particles in Space - Mpeg1 version - movie.mpg (0/4)
From: Hughes, B
Date: 23 Feb 2004 18:59:00
Message: <403a93c4$1@news.povray.org>
<WillemW> wrote in message
news:ihsk30pc2ge95a7569mehtnq1n6tg1bha9@4ax.com...

> >AFAIK there isn't a policy on breaking files, although I could have
> >overlooked that. Just doesn't seem acceptable to use it to surpass the 1
meg
> >limit.
>
> No, I did not use that trick to circumvent the 1 meg limit, it was a
> error, not a clever trick.

Sorry to have seemed to be pointing a finger. I just wanted to say that it
could be thought of that way, just in case people do try that. Including you
though, if you had been.  ;-)

Exceedingly large posts would probably be removed still, although Thorsten
has now clarified the server change will be allowing for larger files (up to
2 MB) before risking the axe. I was thinking these broken apart file
attachments might get past that, and so should be considered a bad thing to
do if so.

Of course, I suppose someone is always at the helm controlling these
newsgroups so people like me don't need to concern ourselves too much. I,
for one, am grateful for that.

Bob H.