POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : New I/O Particle System WIP (MPG1, 482kb) : Re: New I/O Particle System WIP (MPG1, 482kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:37:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New I/O Particle System WIP (MPG1, 482kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 23 Feb 2004 17:51:51
Message: <403a8407@news.povray.org>
> Bounces looked perfect. I have to wonder, however, if this isn't far
> more advanced than necessary for water flowing down a tunnel. Removing
> energy loss and allowing sloppier bounces would allow for a ton of
> particles.

Far more than necessary for water flowing down the tunnel, yes. But I want
to build a functional system for use in other scenes of the short (there'll
be plenty of shots where I'll require a good particle system). I'm currently
thinking about using a mixture of a truly sloppy system along with this more
detailed system, to allow  "tons of particles" for just this one shot (or
maybe two or three other ones), but still retain some simulation quality,
especially when the flood comes near the camera.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>