POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particles in Space - Mpeg1 version - movie.mpg (0/4) : Re: Particles in Space - Mpeg1 version - movie.mpg (0/4) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:33:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particles in Space - Mpeg1 version - movie.mpg (0/4)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Feb 2004 16:23:29
Message: <403a6f51@news.povray.org>
In article <403a6842$1@news.povray.org> , "Hughes, B."
<omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> I'll quote Ken:
>
> "Maximum files sizes posted to the povray.binaries.animations group should
> be
> 1 meg or less.
> [Oversize files will be removed by the News Server Admins. This is to
> help preserve the news server hard drive space]"

Note that since we moved to the new server last month this is not really a
major concern any more.  However, this does not imply there are not
practical reasons why extremely huge animations should not be posted (two MB
is at the upper limit).  After all, people still have to be able to download
them.

> AFAIK there isn't a policy on breaking files, although I could have
> overlooked that. Just doesn't seem acceptable to use it to surpass the 1 meg
> limit.

Those newsreaders that support it will mostly do it automatically.  So if
one doesn't know about the limit, one might not even notice what the
newsreader does.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg