POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mystical Globe : Mystical Globe Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:12:14 EDT (-0400)
  Mystical Globe
From: H  David Young
Date: 20 Feb 2004 19:04:13
Message: <4036a07d@news.povray.org>
After I found that old scene of mine, someone mentioned that it looked a
bit like a globe.  So I adjusted the tilt to match the Earth's, and placed
another sphere with an image map of the world (with all land in brown, and
Canada in red).  This seemed like the easiest way, since I do not have much
time, but if someone knows how I can make the land look "carved out," please
let me know.  What I want is for the land to be as thick as the supporting
longitude.  It may be somthing similiar to a height-field or an isosurface,
but I can't think of how to do it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Globe - Canada.jpg' (95 KB)

Preview of image 'Globe - Canada.jpg'