POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-fi objects demo image (190 kb) : Re: Sci-fi objects demo image (190 kb) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-fi objects demo image (190 kb)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 18 Feb 2004 22:45:05
Message: <40343141@news.povray.org>
This is a great gift to humanity.

There is an irony however here in that you're suggesting your files are for
the IRTC.

If say I were to to an anim about MIME Man riding around in one of those
ships,   I'd have to settle for an **TEN FRAME** animation.  It takes 1.5
hours to render 320x240 on my 2.8GHz PC.  Yes there are tricks to lower
resolution temporarily, but if one were to do an anim project of *this
quality*, there wouldn't be much opportunity to make many revisions (I was
so happy when I could do one a day) over the course of a 90-day period
unless of course one had your own render farm.

It's just an irony.  The first and second place winners for the last round
(also in my individual voting) were both very cartoony, possibly really
quick renders.