POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-fi objects demo image (190 kb) : Re: Sci-fi objects demo image (190 kb) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-fi objects demo image (190 kb)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 17 Feb 2004 12:42:07
Message: <4032526f$1@news.povray.org>

news:aat### [at] tritonimagicode...

> Looks nice, the style is similar to the 'air-motorcycle' you showed some
> time ago.

Yep, that one was a detail from the original picture. In fact the demo
reuses most of the elements of this one, with a different camera and less
objects (and no 3rd party ones of course).

> I am quite surprised that the media does not cause any
> trouble - i often get artefacts in such a case if i don't choose very
> high quality (and slow) settings.

Actually the flying things have a no_shadow to avoid artefacts. Also, in
tests I did last year with this series of images, some media effects did
cause a lot of trouble in some cases. Getting the effect right took indeed a
lot of time, and the current setup has its own limitations... but it works

> There is quite a strong contrast between the ancient buildings (no
> metal, glass etc.) and the futuristic vehicles.

Oh well where I live we have also futuristic vehicles and decrepit
buildings, and the original pic has a Mini Cooper ;-)
If you look at the code you'll see that the cars and buildings have a number
(3, 4 etc.) which simply mirrors my learning of Wings3d in the course of a
few weeks last summer. The last models are more "imaginative" and complex
than the first ones. In fact, the first models are only good as fillers and
background elements.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com