POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : 2 Windows at Once? : Re: 2 Windows at Once? Server Time
16 Jun 2024 23:44:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2 Windows at Once?
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 15 Feb 2004 14:08:54
Message: <402fc3c6$1@news.povray.org>
"Lutz Kretzschmar" <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in message
> Hi Steve Shelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > Thanks for the tip. I've never used that before. For my specific need at
the
> > moment, it's not quite suited.
> Can you elaborate why?

Mostly because I did not want to sacrifice a viewport. With the way I ended
up doing it, I could put it anywhere on the screen, and minimumize it with
one mouse click. It would be really cool if the backdrop image could be
moved to any position in the viewport. In my case, I'm making a human head,
and I'm working on the ear, which I have separated from the head and
translated to a position in back, so it is easier to see and work on by
itself. If the photo of the ear I have could be positioned right behind the
mesh, it would be almost like tracing.
Steve Shelby