POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some of Us Are Fishes, Some Of Us Are Worms : Some of Us Are Fishes, Some Of Us Are Worms Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Some of Us Are Fishes, Some Of Us Are Worms
From: Dan P
Date: 15 Feb 2004 05:01:40
Message: <402f4384@news.povray.org>
After Tim Nikias v2.0 and I talked about the isosurface thing with his worm
tunnel animation, I decided to try and make the same sort of image using an
isosurface.

The way I did it was to create an isosurface that represented a cylinder
stretching off into infinity on along the Z axis. Then, I inverted it and
averaged in a wrinkles pattern function. The veins of silver (or whatever)
are a result of making a little slice white in a brownish color_map in the
pigment. I also did some color enhancements in Photoshop.

This image isn't much on the art side, but I found the technical side to be
a fun challenge.

Source Code:
http://<broken link>/imagery/fishesworms.shtml

Thanks for the inspiration, Tim!

--
"I think co-ordinating 1000 prima donnas living all over the world will be
as easy as herding cats..."

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fishesworms.jpg' (97 KB)