POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Entrance tunnel to Worm's Cave : Re: WIP - Entrance tunnel to Worm's Cave Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Entrance tunnel to Worm's Cave
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 13 Feb 2004 07:10:58
Message: <402cbed2$1@news.povray.org>
Good start! I like both the model's level of roughness (not looking to
smooth, that is) and the textures. The comic look also suits what I've
seen of your worm, yet, fine.

For the detail objects I'd go for roots and stones (as you mentioned),
perhaps some really tiny bones (although that's a real cliche), and if
you don't care that much about realism things like spiderwebs (don't
think real spiders build that small webs), supporting bars made from
wood (like the ones in goldmines, would be fine if you want to go for a
real comic like movie), and perhaps some things which everyone of us
lost out in nature (like coins. although I suggest using only very small
amounts of them, like not more than one coin at all *g*)...

About the water: I'd give Rune's particle system a try. It is really
easy to set up and can give great results (depends on how much control
you need over the particles). Or just use your own one if is built for
such situations. You may also look at your LSSM macros for creating some
puddles with raindrops falling in :)

I'm really looking forward to see some animations.

Keep up the good work
Florian