POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mainboard (2 attachments) : Re: Mainboard (2 attachments) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mainboard (2 attachments)
From: Ger
Date: 13 Feb 2004 06:09:15
Message: <402cb05b@news.povray.org>
NOSPAM wrote:

> Hi
> Good work on the modelling! Pure SDL?

Thanks, yes it's pure SDL

> Take a look at this neat image by Rick:
> http://kitty5.com/portfolio/3d/3com.asp
> IIRC he put the nic in his scanner and used it as texture afterwards,
> quite nice result, no?

Looks very good, I'm nowhere near that kind of result

> Perhaps, and just perhaps, you could get decent result enhancing the scan
> in a paint program to create a height_field which you could then trace()
> triangles or boxes onto?

I tried that, maybe I'm doing something wrong but the scans didn't come out
good enough to turn into a height_field. Another problem with scans is that
when you render a closeup of a part of the board, it has to be very high
resolution which in turn will make it very big

--
Ger