POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mainboard (2 attachments) : Re: Mainboard (2 attachments) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mainboard (2 attachments)
From: Dan P
Date: 12 Feb 2004 19:21:11
Message: <402c1877$1@news.povray.org>
"Ger" <ger### [at] ThomeDOTnl> wrote in message
> Dan P wrote:
>
> For that you need a hires scan and that gets frigging huge because it's a
> very large board (305x330 mm). I have tried it though but it didn't work
> out, the scan never came out good enough

What about drawing it? It might take a really long time, but it would
guarantee really good results.

> > Also, try adding a little "specular" to your "finish" and you'll get
that
> > silicon look. I'm guessing maybe 0.4 would be a great value.
> >
> > Add a skysphere with some pigment to bring out the reflections.
> >
> There is a skysphere although it's pretty dark

Ah :-)

> > I can't see the holes in the IDE slots -- did you do a "difference" to
>
> I don't understand which holes in the ide slots you mean

The white slots in the middle-top of the image. There are a series of
holes -- ya know, I have no idea why there are there, really -- in the
middle. I think they actually might be rectangular holes, come to think of
it. Same with the orange slots. A macro could fill those in really easily.

> > create those? If so, try making the cylinder(?) a little darker than the
> > plastic you're "punching in" to bring out the holes a bit.
> >
> You mean the holes in the board? they are that light because of the
> underlying plane

Nope; the ones in the plastic slots themselves. For the cards :-)

> > This is freeking' sweet.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> > I love this board (pun intended!)
>
> Me too, only problem is, it's dead :(

AH, but it shall live on forever as a work of POV-Ray art!!! :-)
Unless... you don't mean povray.binaries.images, do you? *gulp*. This board
is the highlight of my day.