POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mainboard (2 attachments) : Re: Mainboard (2 attachments) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:09:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mainboard (2 attachments)
From: Dan P
Date: 12 Feb 2004 17:44:15
Message: <402c01bf$1@news.povray.org>
"Ger" <ger### [at] ThomeDOTnl> wrote in message
> Prompted by a post a few days/weeks ago I looked up a project I worked on
> few years ago
> This is an actual mainboard (Intel DK440LX, see pic)
> I stopped working on it because I couldn't figure out how to make the
> printed tracks and the silkscreen (the white prints). I tried scanning and
> photographing it but it didn't come out good enough. And handcoding all
the
> wires and texts is a bit too much work
>
> Ideas, comments, complaints etc welcome

Okay, WOW... ambitious!!!

For the silkscreen, how about building a hi-res texture for it in
Photoshop/Gimp/etc? You can use the circuit traces as a bump_map too to get
a raised look.

Also, try adding a little "specular" to your "finish" and you'll get that
silicon look. I'm guessing maybe 0.4 would be a great value.

Add a skysphere with some pigment to bring out the reflections.

I can't see the holes in the IDE slots -- did you do a "difference" to
create those? If so, try making the cylinder(?) a little darker than the
plastic you're "punching in" to bring out the holes a bit.

This is freeking' sweet.
I love this board (pun intended!)