POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Color Cube : Re: Color Cube Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Cube
From: Edward Coffey
Date: 12 Feb 2004 15:33:48
Message: <402be32c@news.povray.org>
Felbrigg wrote:
> Could you post the "finish" you used on the cubes.  I love that look!

Sure, the texture is just a simple solid pigment and the following
finish settings:

specular 1
roughness 0.03
reflection 0.1

It's really very simple - I think it's partly the radiosity (especially
in the image reflected in the mirror) and partly the scale and position
of the checker pattern (I tweaked it specifically to show off the
"reflection 0.1" aspect of the finish) that make this finish look okay.

I should probably give it angle dependant reflection one day.