POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Free Poser??? : Re: Free Poser??? Server Time
3 May 2024 13:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free Poser???
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 12 Feb 2004 13:40:23
Message: <402bc897$1@news.povray.org>
What might have been discussed was DAZ|Studio, which is currently in some
sort of beta, but I don't think it's available to the general public yet.
http://www.daz3d.com/products/studio.php

From what has been discussed
(http://www.planit3d.com/source/reviews/Dazstudio1.htm), it may be a better
alternative to Poser for some things, but you would still have to purchase
models from somewhere (like DAZ3D).  If you can afford $20 or $30 at a time,
you could eventually build a library of models and clothes, etc.  For me, it
seems to be easier to spend $20 ten times over a long period than to
fork-out $200 all at once (I'm funny that way).

But, there is no OBJ export for DAZ|Studio at this point, so I'm not sure
how you would get it into POV-Ray.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com