POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Creating tunnels... (MPGs, 2x126 kb) : Re: Creating tunnels... (MPGs, 2x126 kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 06:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating tunnels... (MPGs, 2x126 kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 11 Feb 2004 20:40:10
Message: <402ad97a@news.povray.org>
> That's all really.

Hm, now that you've described it, I can actually build a visual
representation in my mind. You see, as long as I can't actually tell via
diagramm (even if its a complicated one that only fits into the mind, not on
paper) I don't really grasp the formula. I've read the doc, but I got
confused somewhere with that Last_Y and the actual Y etc. Now I can picture
it and understand it.

Now that I've understood it, I'll try to implement it, shouldn't be too much
of a problem. Once the tunnel is properly constructed, I'll get to the
actual tricky part: water simulation. I'm still wondering if I should make
something half-artistic and half-simulation, so that I can actually control
the effects, but still have some degree of realism... Ah well, I'll come to
that later. Maybe I'll ponder about it for a few days and tackle some other
stuff first.

Regards,
Tim

--