POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Go Marble-Stones (MPG, 222kb) : Go Marble-Stones (MPG, 222kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 01:04:27 EDT (-0400)
  Go Marble-Stones (MPG, 222kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 8 Feb 2004 09:51:33
Message: <40264cf5@news.povray.org>
So, here's an attempt at some stones of Go made of marble. As a recent
thread suggested, Go stones aren't made of marble, but clamshells,
nontheless, I wanted to do some marble ones. Maybe I'll have a go at
clamshells later.

The material is made with interior-media, using agate as density-map. For
the white stones, I've used all three types of media, scattering for the
main effect, emission to keep them at a certain brightness, and absorption
to counter the effects of blue scattering leaving red trails. The black
material uses scattering and absorption, where the scattering gets a high
extinction value to simulate the black particles that still reflect some
light, but only do a certain depth.

Comments and criticism welcome,

Tim

--