POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : it's a question of copyright ... : Re: it's a question of copyright ... Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: it's a question of copyright ...
From: Roberto A
Date: 6 Feb 2004 15:40:40
Message: <4023fbc8$1@news.povray.org>
"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> escreveu na mensagem

> http://enphilistor.users4.50megs.com/cliche.htm contains ideas that
> have been used so often in SF that you will not be accused of ripping them
> off if you use them.  I maintain the page, BTW.

Great page. I agree with most of the things there, with one exception:

 (red cross) Space vessels bank in order to make turns.

I would suggest you to upgrade that to a yellow cross, since there is a
reasonable explanation, at least for fighters with human pilots: humans are
much more tolerant of high G's on the vertical than with side movements. Of
course, that assumes the same kind of maneuvering you have on a
earth-compatible atmosphere, instead of a more physically correct newtonian
model on space, but that's passable in a few cases.

Man, the more I read stuff like that, the more I love Babylon 5. It's the
only show with reasonable explanations and correct physical models... even
though it follows the usual conspiracies of aliens, both attacking and
defending mankind... but Plato knew better. :-)

Congratulations on the page. I think I might find some inspiration for this
round after all. :-)

Wolfox