POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Animation Rendering : Re: Animation Rendering Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:37:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Rendering
From: Dan P
Date: 5 Feb 2004 23:52:40
Message: <40231d98$1@news.povray.org>
"m2@m" <pat### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
news:4022c4f9@news.povray.org...

> Some users are creating scenes with animation using the program Moray.
We'd
> like to render these on our Linux cluster, however, we can't figure out
the
> best way to do this.  Will we need to get Moray to output a .pov file for
> each frame, or can a single POV file contain the entire scene.  Any help
> would be appreciated, thanks.

It depends on how you are doing the animation -- if you are using the clock
value and splines and such, you can just use a single .pov file and set
values in your povray.ini. However, if you are not using POV-ray's animation
facilities, you will have to either output a seperate .pov file for each
frame, or generate your .pov files using a programming language (PERL works
particularly well for this). I don't use Moray, though, so I don't know the
details on how Moray animates. If Moray creates splines that use the clock
value, you're golden.

Anybody here a Moray guru?