POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal Heads (112kb's) : Re: Metal Heads (112kb's) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:38:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal Heads (112kb's)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 4 Feb 2004 08:50:30
Message: <4020f8a6$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>   (From Art and Illusion).

Nice quote.  That is the book I was referring to alright.  It's cool
that you pursued it.  It's a book I return to from time to time.  One of
the starting points for the discussion in the book is: why is it that
the trees in highly realistic 17th or 18th century paintings look like
feather dusters to us?  He proceeds from there to describe how children
actually learn to draw by learning to repeat set formulae for different
subjects and takes it from there.