POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal Heads (112kb's) : Re: Metal Heads (112kb's) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:30:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal Heads (112kb's)
From: St
Date: 3 Feb 2004 19:54:44
Message: <402042d4@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:

> > Well, faces actually. My five zillionth attempt at modeling a
face.

> It's the only way.  Just realize, as did Gombrich, that you are
really
> just memorizing a recipe, a "schema" or "schemata" as he called it,
and
> adapting it for use in your perception of the world.

   'Schemata'. I understand.

   Found this, (about Gombrich). Hope it's related, and if not, hope
it helps some out there...

  "Indeed, the true miracle of the language of art is not that it
enables the artist to create the illusion of reality. It is that under
the hands of a great master the image becomes translucent. In teaching
us to see the visible world afresh, he gives us the illusion of
looking into the invisible realms of the mind - if only we know, as
Philostratus says, how to use our eyes."

  (From Art and Illusion).

   ~Steve~