POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : (32kb) WIP with artifact question - box.png (1/1) : Re: (32kb) WIP with artifact question - box.png (1/1) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:31:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (32kb) WIP with artifact question - box.png (1/1)
From: Slime
Date: 2 Feb 2004 02:41:24
Message: <401dff24@news.povray.org>
> some artifacts that I believe are from AA.  If you
> can tell me how to fix that, I would be quite thankful.  Its currently
> AA adaptive .4 threshold, level 5 recursion, and .1 jitter.

I think the area of the box that you mentioned is *not* being AA'ed, since
it consists of two shades of grey which are very close to each other (less
than .4). Try reducing your AA threshold (try .2 for starters) and see if
the problem goes away. (It should at least be reduced once you get the
threshold low enough.)

By the way, you probably don't need a recursion level as high as 5. I think
2 or 3 would do the trick.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]