POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Local scene : Re: WIP Local scene Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:31:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Local scene
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 1 Feb 2004 10:25:13
Message: <401d1a59$1@news.povray.org>
>>The colors look very nice but the lighting of the clouds seem to come
>>from a completely different direction than that of the ground.
>
> Well spotted :-) I agonised over this but in the end decided I wanted the
> light on the rocks.

	My first impression was also that: the lighting is unfortunately
not consistent with the sunset sky (so late evening, sun on the bottom-
left corner outside the image) and the vertical light on the foreground
(so around noon) which should therefore be made darker, more reddish,
and much less contrasted.
	Lighting is at least as important as the amazing amount of details
in your scene to make it look "real" -- if you eventually seek for photo-
reality.  All the rest is damn good  :-)

	- NC