POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Local scene : Re: WIP Local scene Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:31:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Local scene
From: Jim Charter
Date: 31 Jan 2004 16:23:35
Message: <401c1cd7@news.povray.org>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> The rocks are Iso surfaces

Well that answers one question I had.

As a first reaction, the flowers don't bother me at all but it's your
picture.  You have to make it as real as you need it to be.  That whole
recreating-the-density of-experience thing again.  The sense of rocks
emerging from turf is remarkable, and the sense of variety in the flora
is convincing.  Beautiful job on the isosurface rocks. I remember when
you announced your intention to pursue that.  It's notable to me that
you insisted on the particularity of the type of rock.  It announces
your intent to get a high degree of verisimilitude but also they might
not conform to everyone's general idea of rockiness.  Their rich brown
color is beautiful and the strong undershadow they create in the
composition is pleasing.

Jim