POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: vectors : Re: vectors Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:28:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vectors
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 31 Jan 2004 10:02:35
Message: <401bc38b$1@news.povray.org>
In article <401bb2fb@news.povray.org> , "Mathieu" <mat### [at] wanadoofr>
wrote:

> Well, I'am focusing on the illuminations models implemented in lighting.cpp
> but I have few doubts about the vectors directions that povray uses to
> descibe the eye point of view, the light_ray, Reye and so on... I join you
> my "point of view" widely inspired from my short renderman description
> language knowing. Could you tell me where am I right or wrong , and if there
> exists a file in source code which described that vectors.

Please do not post binary attachments in non-binary groups.

Regarding your question, I would suggest to take a look at the books listed
in the documentation rather than the source code.  They do provide an
explanation, which is probably more useful than just an implementation.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde