POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Untitled Portrait : Re: Untitled Portrait Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Untitled Portrait
From: James Taylor
Date: 30 Jan 2004 16:23:32
Message: <401acb54@news.povray.org>
"Skip Talbot" <sta### [at] uiucedu> wrote in message
> Yes, this is an excellent work.  Technically and artistically the scene
has
> been captured.  I agree that the lighting is perfect and does not need to
be
> made brighter.  I believe those who question it may need a better viewing
> environment.  Monitor glare, screen brightness, and the white background
of
> a newsreader will wreak havoc on this picture.  I viewed it full screen in
> PSP and all the detail and mood came right out at me.

The darkness is obviously intentional, however it looks quite bright with
adequate contrast on my TFT screen. Also thanks for the comment Skip - I'm
quite proud of the image (although I still see areas for improvement) - it
just goes to show what can be done with a plane, a sphere and Poser 3.

ta ta
jim