POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My second TRON subject... : Re: My second TRON subject... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:34:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My second TRON subject...
From: Carl Hoff
Date: 26 Jan 2004 17:11:53
Message: <401590a9@news.povray.org>
> Wow... yeah, well, in that case I can't say I blame you! Wonder why
> it took so long... (I'll go think about that.)

My guess is that its me.  Both the bike and the tank and 100% CSG.
I'm still very new at this stuff.  I'm able to make some of these models
but I'm sure they are far from optimized.

> PNG or JPEG are both fine; the crusial thing is how big the file is.
> Actually you're isn't all that huge, and actually I was kidding. It
depends
> on the image; some look fine in JPEG, some look aweful! (And yes,
> PNG is *very* good stuff!)

I too really like PNG.  After looking at a few of my images as PNG
and JPG side-by-side I was amazed ad how big a difference it could
make.  In the future though I'll try to stick with posting jpegs and
when I can provide a link to a PNG copy.  If for some reason the
jpeg is total garbage maybe I'll post a 640x480 PNG if it doesn't look
too big.

Thanks,
Carl