POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption : Re: [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 24 Jan 2004 14:34:36
Message: <4012c8cb@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> If you like this feature and therefore implement it that is of course
> all right, i just have the impression that you interpret the lack of
> interest in this patch as a lack of interest in people working on
> improving POV-Ray in general.

No, stay assured that I do not. My impression is older.

> - quality of the patch and its documentation
> - if it is regarded as useful and well usable by the MegaPOV Team
> - if there is interest in the patch among users
>
> And in any case not for MegaPOV 1.1 which already contains more than
> enough new features.

I was not thinking about partial image reading.

But about things like my "radial slope pattern" (rather small and simple)
or the "progressive refinement patch" (which would require somebody else
write the windows/mac - related part).

Especially, the latter may be considered useful by other people; there
even once was a posting about someone demanding something similar being
implemented.

Wolfgang