POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption : Re: [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Jan 2004 13:34:12
Message: <4012baa4$1@news.povray.org>
In article <4012b47d@news.povray.org> , Wolfgang Wieser <wwi### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

>  (I do not talk about simple bug fixes.)

But that is what is needed.  Don't you think POV-Team members cannot think
of more than "simple bug fixes"?  Yet, if all we get is *more* than "simple
bug fixes", which is what takes the real time of any serious software
development project, how are we supposed to actually do more?  By not doing
the "simple bug fixes"?

Anyway, let me rewrite this in my favorite and brutally honest style; but
please don't it personal, I am just saying exactly what I am thinking:

I don't want to get personal, and I don't know your background, but if you
think about bug fixes as "simple", you either never had to fix bugs, or you
don't know anything about software development.  I know absolutely no
professional (who I know isn't a fool, and even they usually have realised
fixing bugs is hard) that considers fixing bugs something that is simple.
So, given I know very little about you, using only what you say to judge the
validity of your arguments, your statement about "simple bug fixes" does not
give those arguments much credibility...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde