POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mars probe landing site [88k] : Re: mars probe landing site [88k] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mars probe landing site [88k]
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 23 Jan 2004 16:02:34
Message: <40118be9@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

>  From current cause: a render of the landing site of the recent NASA
> mars probe 'spirit'.

Cool image. The atmosphere is IMO too big and strong but artistic reasons
justify the exageration. The flat angle of light definitely rocks.

I'm rendering landing sites as well currently, but Christoph was
faster, as always :)

Just a question:
Spirit is located at 14.59 S, 175.30 E (IAU 2000)
Is my assumption correct that we're in the tile megt00n090.. ?
(I just want to be sure, there seem to be different zero longitude
definitions around...)

Wolfgang