POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : FullMoon version 2 : Re: FullMoon version 2 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:45:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FullMoon version 2
From: StephenS
Date: 19 Jan 2004 21:46:44
Message: <400c9694@news.povray.org>
> I'd appreciate to get some feedback from you
One of the features in Moray 3.5 is the ability to have solid/shaded
triangles/quads in the views. These shapes can be 'Convert To Mesh' for
further work as a mesh object.
Will v2 be able to draw solid triangles?

There is a workaround for this in v1.1, although it takes several steps.
Output to POV-Ray:
   list of points
   list of what points make a line
   list of what lines make a triangle, or quad
Have the resulting pov-code create a UDO file (render scene)
Import the UDO file into your scene.
Convert to mesh.

One of the things this would allow me to do is to make objects like the Poly
Cube, part of the RoundedObj.dll plugin included with Moray. I would extend
this idea to other shapes like sphere and torus (or spiral if my math skills
are up to it). Moray's sphere and torus can be converted to a mesh, but I
could offer a different triangle layout.

Is there a different approach to doing this with Fullmoon?

I consider this to be an advanced feature to consider, but only after
Flags/Photons support.

Stephen