POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first real post <gulp> -32kb : Re: My first real post <gulp> -32kb Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first real post <gulp> -32kb
From: Jim Charter
Date: 19 Jan 2004 13:17:04
Message: <400c1f20@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> Do you mean changing the colour of the spot or the scattering media
> (Type 1 rgb 0.2) or both. Hmm a touch of yellow might be nice

Yes, I was just talking of the artistic effect not the technical how to.

> Walter Murch? Not heard of him looked at the link you posted and:
> http://www.tibordenagy.com/artists/murch_works2.html
> tried googling 'Walter Murch works' seems to produce a few more

Murch was/is a minor celebrity. He worked as a commercial illustrator
but showed as a painter.  His still life paintings got some attention
but there are very few extant and even fewer reproductions of them
available.  So I think they are now trying to promote every extant
thing: commercial, bad, or otherwise.  I mentioned him only so that you
might keep an eye peeled for his work.  Examples are actually really
hard to find. :(  But his best exhibit a very moody, atmospheric, light
combined with a bravura painting technique and a small intimate scale.
They express a strong sense of moment.

-Jim