POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first real post <gulp> -32kb : Re: My first real post <gulp> -32kb Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first real post <gulp> -32kb
From: Jim Charter
Date: 19 Jan 2004 09:47:04
Message: <400bede8$1@news.povray.org>
It's really a great pic.

It's a great direction to go in.  Atmospheric still life.  I love that.
   The main drawback for me is that the book needs to be brought up to
the same level of detail as the glasses.  It looks like a " box {
something, something texture { pigment { Red } ...."  if you catch my
meaning.

I wonder what would happen if you played with the color of the media a bit?

I wonder if you like the paintings of Walter Murch?  Unfortunately I can
find only one example and it doesn't really demonstate the "oily" light
and atmosphere he was such a master of.
http://www.butlerart.com/pc_book/pages/walter_murch_1907.htm