POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Ga : Re: Ga Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:42:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ga
From: Andrew Coppin v2
Date: 18 Jan 2004 05:15:19
Message: <400a5cb7@news.povray.org>
>   I wonder why CVS seems to be the only (free) choice for a versioning
> system which people ever talk about.
>   We use PRCS at work, and it works quite ok. (I'm not saying it's better
> than CVS, I'm just wondering why people only talk about CVS, as if it
> was the only choice.)

Mmm... well, Microsoft Word is about the only work processor that you ever
hear anybody talking about. It's not that it's the only one there is (or the
best one there is), it's just the only one most people have heard of.

(I emphasise: *most* people...)

But anyway, for me, I was looking at SourceForge and trying to figure out,
like, what it IS. They had a link to a document about CVS, so I read it.
(I've tried to use CVS before, and it's a tad puzzling.)