POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moria inspired WIP (50kbu) : Re: Moria inspired WIP (50kbu) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moria inspired WIP (50kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 17 Jan 2004 11:45:15
Message: <4009669b@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message

> Is that color Dusty Rose?  I've gotten away from using colors.inc now
> but I was addicted to that color.  Used to add a little to nearly every
> texture.

It's a modified version of one of the standard stones textures. I don't
generally
use named colours other than the basics

> The atmosphere is good, the way the columns hoover just in view.  The
> brink of a waterfall is one of the great visceral concepts and you have
> complicated it, housing the water until it breaks free only to fall.
> The water is outbound, the light inbound.

My original idea had a boat on the river, I may still add that in

> The alignment of the sun with
> the filigree is slightly obsessive.

<grin> I'll probably move it later

Gail
* gai### [at] mwebcoza        *  If one is going to lose one's mind,     *
* http://gail.rucus.net/     *  one might as well savor the experience  *
* This is how the world ends. Swallowed in fire, but not in darkness    *