POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Ga : Re: Ga Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:34:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ga
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 Jan 2004 18:57:09
Message: <40087a55@news.povray.org>
In article <40084e3d@news.povray.org> , "Andrew Coppin v2"
<and### [at] btinernetcom> wrote:

> Just been reading a book about "the role of CVS in opensource development".
> Anyway, I was just wondering loosely how work on the POV-Ray source code is
> organised. Do you folks use something like CVS/RCS/etc? Or do you have some
> other method? Just curiouse.

The POV-Team uses Perforce, a commercial source code management system.
While CVS might be nice for a small project, it lacks many features
mandatory for professional development (just compare CVS and Perforce
feature lists).  Note that this is not the exclusive opinion of the
POV-Team.  Another very popular example is the Linux kernel, whose source
code is managed with the commercial source code management system BitKeeper
rather than CVS.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde