POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects : Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:04:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects
From: Andreas Kaiser
Date: 16 Jan 2004 08:58:39
Message: <4007e95b.357503542@news.povray.org>

>[...]
>
>I agree with Warp though that a weak performance in rendering
>benchmark.pov is not at all a reason not to integrate this improvement.
>  The patch you posted in p.b.p. will make it quite difficult though
>since you did not clearly mark your changes.

What's the preferred way to submit/mark changes?

For the posted csg.cpp:

function All_CSG_Union_Intersections,
	lines 148 - 167, 183 - 185

function All_CSG_Intersection_Intersections completely,

function All_CSG_Merge_Intersections,
	lines 436 - 438

BTW evaluation of 'tstPoint' at lines 277 and 278 is loop invariant
and should be moved just before the for-loop.

Andreas