POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : primate test 1 : Re: primate test 1 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: primate test 1
From: John VanSickle
Date: 14 Jan 2004 19:14:49
Message: <4005DB78.F0A652F5@hotmail.com>
Jim Charter wrote:

> John VanSickle wrote:
>
> > Well, maybe not a silverback gorilla, but one could easily
> > hypothesize an isolate group of hominids that survived.
>
> BTW I know you are working on a mesh modeller.  I am generating the
> hair direction in POV by tracing splines along the surface of the
> figure.  In this picture I used the trace function.  In my next try I
> want to use the fact that Wings allows you to assign materials to
> individual polys.
>   So when I export to .obj, I can use this to parse out a hand drawn
> sequence of vertices and their normals.  It would be easier to be able
> to merely export selected vertices and their normals to a text file,
> then POV it from there.

The fellow who develops Wings3D has been in contact with me about my
surface subidvision code, so there is some cross-pollinization going
on.  Once I can get uv-mapping working right, my own modeller will
probably appear in public.  I used it for one of the models in one of
my IRTC entries for the current round (I did a Rusty and a spin-off).

Regards,
John