POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some cufflinks... (wip, 93kb's) : Re: Some cufflinks... (wip, 93kb's) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some cufflinks... (wip, 93kb's)
From: St
Date: 14 Jan 2004 13:57:54
Message: <40059132@news.povray.org>
"Kurts" <kur### [at] yahoofr> wrote in message
news:kur### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <40044146@news.povray.org>, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>
> > Reflection in the table: Why can you see the reflection of the
silver
> > beads in the table surface? In reality, this wouldn't happen. Is
there
> > a PoV answer to this, pov-people?
>
> why not ?

  The left cufflink is at an angle probably around 40 degrees to the
surface of the table, I don't know about you, but when I look in the
mirror, I can't see the back of my head. Certainly, 'some' of the
beads should be reflected, but imo, the top beads or the P shouldn't.
On the right-hand cufflink, the P would block the view of the top
beads in real life.

> what texture do you use for the table ?

 texture {T_Wood14
 finish { diffuse .05 ambient -.4 specular .3 roughness .001
reflection .03 }}}

  Did I do something wrong with this?

    Steve