POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 19th Century Schoolhouse [WIP] : Re: 19th Century Schoolhouse [WIP] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 19th Century Schoolhouse [WIP]
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 14 Jan 2004 11:51:30
Message: <40057392$1@news.povray.org>
"Xplo Eristotle" <xpl### [at] infomagicnet> wrote in message

> Looks alright so far.. my main problem is with the sky (perhaps a bit
> too purplish?) and the weird tint of the shadow on the snow, which seems
> to be not only more saturated than the sky, but a different color as
> well! I have a funny suspicion that this is just the effect of radiosity
> and not really your fault, except inasmuch as you created the sky and
> lighting, but it still bugs me. ^^;;

Yes, Sky, Lighting, and Snow.  Right now they only exist because "something"
needs to be there.  I spent some time working on the snow, but I'm not happy
with it.  Part of the problem may have to do with the sky_sphere.
Straight-up, the sky is too blue, which then makes the snow too blue as
well.  I had to do some strange things to the finish of the snow, in order
to keep it from being washed-out, and I may have over-compensated.

My main focus is on the model of the school itself, at this point, and I'm
thinking it could still be months before I finally get an actual complete
"scene" that I'm happy with.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com