POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : primate test 1 : Re: primate test 1 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: primate test 1
From: Jean-luc Songa Butera
Date: 14 Jan 2004 11:08:22
Message: <40056976@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> Jean-luc Songa Butera wrote:
> > Judging by the ears and the shape of the back of the head I would rather
say
> > it's a chimpanze ^___^

> Obviously you know your primates.

After so many years watching myself in the mirror I cas safely say that I
have a good eye for spotting them ^___^

> I was working from a fairly lousy b/w
> photo (of a chimp) that I found on the web, but I finally went to a
> second hand bookstore to see if I could find some better pictures.
> Particularily of the eyes and skin color.  Anyway I found a nice little
> picture book featuring chimps, baboons, and gorillas mostly.  So I am
> learning to discriminate.

Or use the old recycling trick:
Take a human head mesh
Move forward the lower part of its face
Widen the back of the jaw bone
Smash its nose up into its skull
Compress the back of its skull to lose 60% of its volume
and... You should have something in the line of a primate mesh.
Side note: Do NEVER do that to a real human model, it seems that there are
laws that forbit it ^___^

Jean-luc: I didn't know that the big red button was to destroy everything!