POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some cufflinks... (wip, 93kb's) : Re: Some cufflinks... (wip, 93kb's) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some cufflinks... (wip, 93kb's)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 13 Jan 2004 21:47:29
Message: <4004adc1$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

> be able to 'see' those beads (or the PoV 'P') above it. They would be
> blocked by the underside of the cufflink in the reflection. The true
> reflection would just be the back of the cufflink, right?

Only if you were actually viewing it from behind I think.

>     I think I see your point - it looks as though something is missing
> in that reflection on the right-hand cufflink? I wanted to move that

There is nothing actually wrong with it, it's just that the whole
spacial relation is a little hard to reconcile.

> right-hand cufflink further back, so that a lot of the left-hand
> cufflink was reflecting more in the right-hand one, but the
> translating of that right-hand PoV 'P' was an agonising task, and I
> just left it that for now.

You mean you didn't build the objects first, then position them?

> Never
>
>>tell your wife that that is how you spent the day!
>

>  LOL!

Not that you needed me to tell you that I'm sure, but can you imagine?
The *luckiest* possible outcome would be that she would roar laughing
and only for about six months or so.

>    Well, I'm the same, but you may not spot it as it's a jewellery
> thing,

Question for a jeweller.  Do you sell many cuff links?