POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piles of junk (68kb jpeg) : Re: Piles of junk (68kb jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piles of junk (68kb jpeg)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 13 Jan 2004 20:03:07
Message: <4004954b$1@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge wrote:

> It's some code I've been working on to simulate piles of junk (a.k.a.
> stored goods). I have been moving large piles of 'junk' recently into a
> storage unit, and it's beginning to look a lot like this image. It's in
> the same vein as some of Gilles' work. I just keep adding new kinds of
> junk to the array and expand the random number generator to pick from
> the new entries. I use max_extent to place things on top of each other
> correctly. All the items in the array are large enough to have other
> things stacked on top of them. Fairly simple, but very fun :)

The idea of "automating" the stacking of junk is darkly humorous.

The picture has a real pleasing feel to it. I like the warm tones but
sense of murk with the hint of texture emerging.  The verticality adds a
lot I think.  Takes it out of the sphere of the mundane.

The isolating and viewing something for what it really is.  Putting
vagary on display.