POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Antialiasing problems (3 images, 11k,15k,12k) : Re: Antialiasing problems (3 images, 11k,15k,12k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antialiasing problems (3 images, 11k,15k,12k)
From: Slime
Date: 13 Jan 2004 13:54:43
Message: <40043ef3$1@news.povray.org>
> > Just because they're intense doesn't mean they should become a
> > full pixel in size.
>
> Sure it does.  If a sun-sized star is a million times farther from
> Earth than the sun, but a hundred million times brighter, it would
> be visible during the day, even though it is otherwise too small to
> be seen.

Yes, but I think this is caused by different reasons, isn't it? Like, the
atmosphere, the workings of the human eye, stuff like that causing the light
to seem as though it's coming to you from a larger area than it really is.
Again, just because it creates a nice effect in some situations doesn't mean
that it's correct.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]