POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piles of junk (68kb jpeg) : Piles of junk (68kb jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Piles of junk (68kb jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 13 Jan 2004 13:35:19
Message: <40043B6D.BFA4319@hotmail.com>
At least one computer still works. I will be replacing the hard drive in
the other one today in an attempt to troubleshoot the problem.... but in
the meantime here's an image I made yesterday.

It's some code I've been working on to simulate piles of junk (a.k.a.
stored goods). I have been moving large piles of 'junk' recently into a
storage unit, and it's beginning to look a lot like this image. It's in
the same vein as some of Gilles' work. I just keep adding new kinds of
junk to the array and expand the random number generator to pick from
the new entries. I use max_extent to place things on top of each other
correctly. All the items in the array are large enough to have other
things stacked on top of them. Fairly simple, but very fun :)

What do you think? Q's or comments let me know where to improve it!

~Sam Benge

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'junk_piles.jpg' (68 KB)