POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mars probe landing site [88k] : Re: mars probe landing site YAMPLS [27K JPG] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mars probe landing site YAMPLS [27K JPG]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 10 Jan 2004 13:38:26
Message: <400046a2@news.povray.org>
The monolith fits right into this scene, just needs a few proto-humans
touching it and jumping around.

Christoph didn't mention the specific source for his elevation map but it
looks like it has real good resolution. I didn't look around too far into
the aforementioned web site.

However, I used some images from www.space-graphics.com which seem very good
too. Nice thing about the texturing image map is that it doesn't use faked
shadowing, which messes up the lighting direction. The bump map is very high
resolution, and yet I'm not sure if it rivals that of Christoph's or not
since I haven't rendered the Gusev crater region. Here's the expected
Opportunity rover landing site though. Should be slightly down and right of
center. I'm still working on the media for the dusty air because it doesn't
spread across the planet the way I'd like it too.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Mars_Opportunity_Landing-Site_small.jpg' (20 KB)

Preview of image 'Mars_Opportunity_Landing-Site_small.jpg'
Mars_Opportunity_Landing-Site_small.jpg