POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 1 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 2 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 2
From: Stephen
Date: 2 May 2007 06:21:25
Message: <3vog33pkg90aiilummgoeigiaff1e82po8@4ax.com>
On Wed, 2 May 2007 11:32:02 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>What I am still puzzled about is saving as dynamic cloth. That works - I
>think - but loading it again doesn't show anything...

What do you mean? "loading it again doesn't show anything."
Show what?
I have been saving (exporting) the objects as OBJ's. Remember that you have to
export as multi-frame with the range 30 to 30. Where 30 is the number of frames
in the animation. You loose the dynamic groups but I generally used materials
for grouping.
When the cloth folds in on itself don't be afraid to use a high number of steps
per frame. For some of the dresses I tried I went as high as 80 and often used
60 steps per frame with an offset of 0.1

Regards
	Stephen