POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation : Re: Liquid animation Server Time
19 Jul 2024 01:00:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Nov 2003 13:42:02
Message: <3vaa81-lin.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Claudio Pozzoli wrote:
> Hi all ; )
> I would like to show the results of my work on liquid simulation; well,
> just a little animation about a breaking dam problem in a complex
> environment and the following inflow of water through a pipe from a
> higher tank. Physical simulation has been realized using Smoothed Particle
> Hydrodynamics. The triangle mesh exported in PovRay for the final
> rendering is an approximation (Marching Cubes here), of the isosurface
> defined selecting an appropriate value over the global
> scalar field generated by the particles. I know... the liquid is a little too
> much viscous to be real water, but it's a "problem" of the method (I'm
> gonna give some explanations if you're interested in) and I'm investigating
> a way to work it out.
>
> What do you think?

It looks very good.  If you wrote the simulation engine yourself i guess
a lot of people here would be interested in it.

Note that you don't need to generate a mesh from the scalar field,
POV-Ray can directly render isosurfaces.  I did renders of fluid
simulations before by generating a density file from the simulation data
and using it in an isosurface.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______