POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000]
From: IMBJR
Date: 12 Mar 2004 14:30:01
Message: <3q3450loghnp3utnlh5bj0hudt0jb5j4iv@4ax.com>
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:55:52 -0800, "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom>
wrote:

>"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
>> LOL
>
>:)
>
>> I hope that was as honest as you can be. I can imagine a little bias
>> may have crept in, esp' if you are using so-called tact.
>
>Yeah, I confess more than a little bias. I was in a bad mood last night (not
>just 'cause of you! the real world has been annoying me as well, fedex suck
>ass).
>
>Anyway, I'm gonna stop bitching and return to my usual mode of making serious
>comments on images:
>
>This image (we_meat, in case anyone's forgotten what thread they're reading!)
>has a really cool concept. I'd suggest the materials could be improved, at
>present they look a bit plastic. A lot of povvers have experimented with more
>realistic skin materials so you could try some of those (unfortunately I don't
>have a link to any).
>
>Also the crackle pattern in the meat is a little obvious, and has no relation to
>human anatomy. Although maybe you shouldn't go that route because making this
>image look realistic would make it quite horrifying!

Yes, perhaps the poorest part of it all. I think there's a way of
replacing it with genuine body slice images, but there's quite some
fiddling around with the applicable applet to get it to work.

>Finally I'd suggest using more realistic lighting and setting, e.g. maybe have
>the background setup to look like a meat locker?

As a sort of rule, I usually do not do as it were realistic settings.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com